Everyone’s gone gaga over Pagerank, so this article should be very helpful in analyzing and breaking it down for you. Now make sure you’ve gone through all the steps. 🙂 Here is the outline of the checklist:
- Do you know how Google ranks pages?
- Do you know if Google has indexed your page?
- Do you know your Page Rank?
- Do you create new page rank for yourself?
- Do you conserve your page rank?
- Do you concentrate your page rank where it will do the most good?
- How many inbound links do you have?
- Do you use enough keywords?
- Do you monitor the progress of your keywords?
- Are your <title>, <h1>, and <h2> tags descriptive?
- Do you use META keywords and description tags?
- Is your URL consistently in the same case?
- Do your links have relevancy to the page you’re linking to?
- Do make it easy for Google to find your dynamic pages?
- Do your inbound picture links use attributes?
- Do you avoid the temptation of link farms?
- Are you listed with DMOZ.org?
- Do you avoid using frames on your website?
- Does your Flash website have an alternate HTML site?
- Do you submit all your software to download sites?
- Are your webpages less than 101k?
- Do you use your Robots.txt file effectively?